It’s better on foot!
Downend Round Table Fireworks is a hugely popular event, typically attracting over 10,000 visitors on site. If you live within a twenty minute walk we recommend that you don’t drive directly to the event, it’s quicker to walk!
There are three main gates on the site, all of which take cash, e-tickets and advanced tickets. When approaching the site please follow the marshal’s instructions who may direct you towards an alternative gate.
- Gate One Westerleigh Road
- Gate Two Sutherland Avenue
- Gate Three Sutherland Avenue
For up to date information on travel and access to the site we will be live tweeting queue information via Twitter @downend_rt
Routes to Site
From Mangotsfield…Head to GATE ONE
Walk along Peache Road until the double mini roundabouts with Westerleigh Road. Turn right and you’ll find the entrance 100 metres down on the right hand side.
From Downend High Street/Cleeve Hill…Head to GATE TWO
Walk along Badminton Road, past Mezze (at the Green Dragon) and turn right into Cleeve Lodge Road. Turn immediately left into Farm Road. Follow this road until it turns into Sutherland Avenue.
From Blackhorse, Bromley Heath and Emersons Green…Head to GATE THREE
Head towards Westbourne Road from either direction, pick up signs Boscombe Crescent until you reach Sutherland Avenue (nearest Badminton Road end). Follow Sutherland Avenue for 300 metres and gate three will be on your left.
If you are travelling by car.
In the interest of public safety; PLEASE PARK LEGALLY AND RESPONSIBLY AT ALL TIMES:
- Please do not park in any area highlighted in RED on the above map
- Please do not park on pavements
- Please do not obstruct private driveways
- Ensure that Emergency Vehicle access is maintained at all times
- Please do not park in coned off areas
For SAT NAV’s please head toward:
Westerleigh Rd, Downend, Bristol, BS16 6AH
- On street parking is available in the local area on all sides of the event (but please avoid parking on the red roads indicated on the map above!)
- Peak traffic times are between 1830 and 1900.
- There is limited parking behind the Willows shopping centre in Downend.
If you don’t fancy walking, a number of bus routes pass by or in close proximity to the event. Journey planner is available here : http://www.travelinesw.com/
First Bus: 5, 18, 18A, 19, 47, 47A, 48
A Bus: A6
Unfortunately due to the number of members of the public accessing the site and limited space there is no disabled parking available on-site. If dropping off a disabled guest we would advise using Gate 3 on Sutherland Avenue which proves easy access to site initially across hardstanding before heading up onto a level football pitch.